July 14, 2008

High-heels, Lemonade, & Bank Robbers

Deven's sister came to town last week. It was so fun to have her - she was a great window shopping buddy, and it was fun to have someone to talk to during the day! The first morning she was here we walked down to the High-Heel-a-Thon (a Kelly Rippa event). It was pretty funny to see how big of an event it actually was.

Diana and I walked around Union Square, Soho, and the Village. While in the VIllage we turned a corner and saw two little girls selling lemonade. These were the cutest little girls I have ever seen! They were maybe 3 & 4 years old with curly short hair. Diana and I loved it! We both bought a glass (and during the transaction we were asked "Would you like yellow, or pink?" and "Would you like mint?" I think the reason I loved it so much was because it was so normal. No one we told seemed to terribly interested in it - I guess you had to be there, so it will be a memory DIana and I will share together.


On Thursday, Diana and Cari had tickets to see Wicked. While we were waiting for Deven to meet us by the theater - we were in front of a bank that got robbed! We were sitting there when the first cops arrived on seen - and saw the process of the officers blocking off the bank. It was pretty funny how low key it all was - and we probably saw the man leave with money and was totally oblivious. We all had a good laugh though.

Also while Diana was here Deven, Me, Cari, and Diana went to the US Air Guitar Championship in Brooklyn. It was crazy! I was surprised how serious the crowd was - very much a cultural opportunity. My favorite part of the night was the Be Gees Rock tribute band that was SO FUNNY! You could tell these guys were brilliant - and probably worked on Wall-street during the day. It was a good time.
Here is a picture of us rocking out!

No comments: