June 5, 2008

SPAMALOT

Last night Deven and I went and saw the show Spamalot. IT WAS SO FUNNY! It is a Monty Python spoof from their movie "the Holy Grail." We laughed the whole time! I thought Clay Aiken was in it, but he wasn't (I guess he only was for a very limited time...oh well!). We totally lucked out with tickets too.....here is the story.

So they have this thing my friend Gillian told me about called the Lottery. Only a few shows do it, but one of which is Wicked. I really want to see Wicked before we leave, but the tickets are like 100+ dollars! So - the lottery saves 20 tickets in the first two rows and if you win you get to buy them for 26 dollars! The rules: You have to be at the theater at 5:30. You then write your name down on a piece of paper - and wait. At 6:00 the little man in charge puts all the cards (yesterday there were like 200 people) in a big bingo style mixer. He then pulls out 10 cards - and those are the people that get to buy the tickets. Even though I didn't win, it was kind of fun to wait with all the excited people - and see their reactions when they win.

So to make a long story even longer - I was pretty set on seeing a show that night, so I walked to the Marriott where the TXTS booth is (this is where you get tickets for 50% off) - and they had a ton, but they were all still 60$. So being the cheap skate that I am I went to the Spamalot theater - and asked the guy in the booth if they sold standing room tickets. He said yes - for 24$. PREFECT - I told him.

He punched in a few things into the computer, looked at me - asked me a funny question, "are you a good girl?" "I try to be," I replied - then he said with a smile, "you'll like these standing room tickets."

Well after meeting Deven in Time Square - we walked to the theater, and went to find our little "poof" that you get to lean on. Right where our tickets said to stand there was a camera crew! So the usher said, "You're lucky, you better thank the camera crew, because you get to sit here." We got seats - for the price of standing room!! It was really fun!

No comments: