I then entered into what seemingly looked like a busy pathway - thinking this would be the perfect path to get to the center of the park - WRONG! This "path" was the road that crossed the park, with no entrances, so I ended up on the West side (oh, and please note that about 6 buses passed me while I WALKED this road).
I finally entered the park on a real pathway - and was thinking I was pretty close to where I needed to be on the North & South point. So I headed the direction I thought was the direction of the theater - nope again (I must get this direction thing from my mom). I got really messed up when I came across this -
A small little lake - which I thought was a different small little lake - after walking around it (which took about 45 mins) I then stumbled upon this...
Luckily, I finally knew what this was - the Mall. BUT this was about 45 mins away from where I wanted to be?!! What a mess. TO make a long story even longer - I finally did find the theater (and it's enormous line) at about 1:00. I got in line, and surprise, surprise, didn't get a ticket. I did however ask a particularly angry woman (who didn't get tickets either) how long she had been waiting. She told me her whole family had been waiting since 8:00am, and it was their last day in New York. Yikes (big spenders - last day and go to a free play).
So - that is my story about getting lost in Central Park. I must say though, what a beautiful place to get lost. It was a seemingly cool day - and I think if I didn't have a place to get to, I would have enjoyed it. What a good lesson for life!
Later in the afternoon - I was still in "ticket" mode, so I tried my hand at the Wicked Lottery again (see older post) - didn't win. Deven then advised me to call the NBC ticket office (for the millionth time) and try for Conan tickets...lo and behold...I got through! So we have tickets for Conan in Aug! YEAH - but it is a bummer it is not when any family is here. Maybe we'll try for standby Letterman tickets with them. So - 1 out of 3 - don't take me to Vegas!
No comments:
Post a Comment