June 9, 2008

I HATE THE SUN

Okay - the title of this post might be (as Deven would say) one of my outrageous blanket statements - so I'll re-phrase, I HATE THE NY SUN.

Deven and I went to the beach this weekend (Jone's beach on Long Island). It was really fun - until we got home. We both got FRIED. My neck and legs got so burnt - and Deven's feet and ankles got burnt. You might not believe me when I say this, but we had sunscreen on the WHOLE time. We even put so much sunscreen on that we had to buy a whole new bottle! Apparently, we both have baby skin or something.

I'm sure it was a comical sight to see us both hobble to church on Sunday. I know my legs looked like I had a skin disease or something. Imagine a lobster in a skirt, or a red kick ball, or a tomato (really anything VERY red). Pretty ridiculous.

By the time we got home from church both of out legs were swollen, and we were pretty miserable. The biggest bummer - is we missed the Puerto Rico Day parade (which we heard was pretty crazy). But it is just to hot to go out with swollen legs, and a burn (it's like sticking your burned finger into a hot pot of water - ouch!). Hopefully the swelling and discomfort doesn't last long, or me and summer will have words.

No comments: