July 22, 2010

San Diego Temple


Saturday, July 17th Deven and I drove down to SD for a mission comps wedding. We hadn't seen him in a few years, so were really excited and flattered to be invited to the ceremony and dinner. We gave ourselves 2.5 hours to get down there, and after 3 on the road realized we weren't going to make it to the sealing. We finally did get there and did some work instead. I was excited to see the temple, and was a little sad to see it totally covered in scaffolding.

After the temple we went to the dinner. Kasey Yardley and his new wife know how to throw a party. Kasey's family isn't active so they had a really fun "cocktail-hour" (virgin of course) with a really neat ring ceremony. They then had a 5 course dinner. It was probably the nicest wedding dinner I had ever been to. The food was great, the company was fun, and everything flowed perfectly. Kasey was probably Deven favorite companion, and it was so fun to see them together laughing about the mission and catching up. We are excited for Kasey!

No comments: