August 23, 2010

Midway getaway with the Sundbergs

The main reason we went to Utah was to have a little "reunion" with my immediate family. It was really fun. Mom and Dad got a house in Midway that was perfect for us. It had 5 bedroom - a good size main room, access to a pool and clubhouse, and a perfect little patio for eating. Mom, and I got up there Wednesday morning and stocked the fridge, and scoped out the rooms. Everyone else came up later that day (and Deven flew in from Long Beach that night).

Thursday: the big boys all went golfing. Parker had meetings, so he didn't get to golf, but they all had a great time. The girls and kids swam, played games, and made some fun crafts with the kids. The kids all made coffee filter butterflies, visors, and magnets.

That night we had BBQ sandwiches, and played "minute to win it games." Ashley and mom prepared those fun games, and I actually enjoyed it. The ones we did were: stack 3 golfballs on top of each other (no one got this), keep a feather in the air (the kids tired this...it was cute), knock down bottles with a ball in a pantyhose leg on your head (funny to see in person), pull out tissues one by one with one hand (this is the one I did...it was fun!), throw a water bottle and get it to land on a table standing up (we had to stop this one for fear of the poor coffee table, but Deven got it the next day), and toss a shoe with your foot and have it land on a table. All the kids thought this was pretty cool. Later, Deven and I, Julie and Parker, Andrea, Laura, Ashley, and Mom all challenged Dad to a game of Trivial Pursuit (yep, ALL of us against him)....he won. We then played really fun game called 25 - and got laughing so hard! It was fun.

Friday: we had a fun day of playtime. We went to the club house and played ping pong and pool, the kids swam, and mom planned a scavenger hunt for the kids. That night, after a yummy dinner of lime chicken that Parker made, we played phase 10 well into the night. I think we finally stopped when we all started cheating. I'm going to say now I would have come back from 3 phases behind and won...

Saturday: the Hooper had to leave Friday night to go camping, but we did have a few hours Saturday. Max and Easton had their first tennis lesson by Buddy. It was really cute watching them. Keagan just was happy to be outside. Then we went over the the putting green at the club house. Deven got some fun pictures of them golfing. After lunch we packed up and went home. It was sad to leave - it went really fast. I wish I had more energy to golf, swim, and play tennis - maybe next time when I don't have two humans growing inside me.

Deven broke out the camera Saturday - and I didn't get any pictures of the other activities....hopefully I can steal some from someone else. But here are some cute ones:

Dad, Shaun, and Deven putting at the green by the club house. PERFECT weather!
Easton.
Max
Deven playing Tennis with Parker. They didn't play long because Deven had already showered - and we had to leave soon.
Cute Keagan! I love this picture. She was quite smitten with Deven all weekend. Anytime he wasn't around she would ask me where he was. She is such a sweetheart - there was at least 4 times when she would yell from across the room, "SHELLEY!" I would reply "what Keagan?" Then she would smile and say, "I love you."
Keagan kept saying hi to the babies. She might have felt them once, but I'm not really sure. Max playing tennis. He is such a natural!
Easton playing tennis. Notice his cool visor? Those are the visors the kids made that Laura brought up. They turned out really cute.
Keagan in the brush. Really good photo light that day.
We drove to Vegas Saturday night - and made the rest of the trip Sunday. We learned that no matter when you leave Vegas on Sunday, you will run into terrible traffic. It took us over 6 hours to get home! It was a great trip though. I am officially on "lock-down" now, no more trips until the babies come.

No comments: