June 15, 2010

So much....what a whirlwind!

So, there is a lot to say now that we have internet up and running again. First of all, drum roll please....it is a girl, and a boy!! Yep, I am 19.5 weeks pregnant with twins. Pretty much if you have seen or talked to me in the last 4 months you already know, because it has been all consuming. I haven't been sick at all, have felt great, and have loved slowly watching my belly grow. I even had my first baby shower before I left school. We didn't know what we were having yet, so we got a lot of yellow things, but it was so nice and fun.

We found out it was twins so early, and that was fun. Deven somehow knew the whole time. Then on the Friday before I left for Cali (May 28th) , I had my last doctor appointment with Dr. Terry. They were just checking the babies to see growth one last time and the ultrasonographer asked if I wanted to know what they were. We figured they would be able to tell, because each appointment the babies were measuring right on. So I told her to find out, not tell me, and put the pictures in an envelope. I was so good to wait 48+ hours to be with Deven until we opened it. I even stopped in Vegas on the way down and went to the temple with Diana for the first time. Then, not being able to wait any longer, I drove to our cute little apartment in Huntington Beach where Deven was waiting my arrival. I took a little nap, and then we opened the envelope. We unfolded the first picture: "A GIRL" - that is where I started crying - so Deven had to finnish..."A BOY!" There we were sitting in the middle of the floor surrounded by boxes, holding our cute little baby pictures. It was a fun night.

I wanted Deven to take my first belly shot, so it is pretty late in the game, here I am at 18 weeks.

No comments: