August 5, 2008

Conan

Last night Deven was able to get off work so we could go to The Conan O'brian Show.  I think he is so funny.... so we knew that we had to go when we came out here.  It was tricky getting tickets, but we finally got 4 so we had our friends Heather and Jon come with us.  

NBC treats you like sheep before you get into the studio.  All the interns are super rude, and there was this one security guard who kept yelling, "Hold it up! Hold up the noise," when ever the crowd would start talking.  I have never heard that phrase before, but it was SO annoying!  I felt like I was in 1st grade again (plus the AC was off, so that wasn't very fun!)

BUT once you got into the studio there is this comedian who comes out and talks to the crowd who was really funny.  They also have a show reel that is always great.  Then Conan comes out before the show for a little 5 min. chat - then the show begins.  

Last night was America Ferrera (from Ugly Betty), Judd Apatow (some annoying producer), and a really great comedian Dwayne Perkins (Gotta love a clean comedian).  Then of course the Max Weinberg band is great fun.  

After the taping we went to The Burger Joint (a hidden local "hot spot") and walked through central park and listened to the Summer Stage concert outside the venue.  It was a good night.  

No comments: