April 12, 2008

Utah Schools INFESTED!

WITH SPIDERS! These are some pictures of my Talking Time lesson last week. We see 24 kids a day in groups of six. They are all between the ages of 3-5 and have certain speech errors. These kids are all so sweet- Talking Time days are my favorite! This spider day we were working on the "sp" sound. They did a great job on the hats hu?!





Here is my favorite Talking Time story. There is a little boy named Kaden. The first time I saw him he only had about 4 sounds. After a few weeks he was progressing really quickly, so I thought he could try and tackle the "k" sound. After only 5 mins of instruction, I asked him to say his name and -- he said his name for the first time!! He used to call himself Dadem - and he was shocked when he said it correctly. His mom started to cry, I started to cry, he started to laugh - it was quite a moment! I love my job, and can't wait to use what I have learned with my own kids.

No comments: