September 24, 2013

Return to Disneyland: With the Smith family

My sister Julie and her family FINALLY came to Disneyland.  We got to have them stay at our house and they were so nice to let us tag along on their first Disneyland trip.  Plus a HUGE bonus - GRANDMA!  My kids had SO much fun going three full days in a row with their cousins!  I had a blast going on some big rides that I don't normally get to go on.  We were able to do the good ol' favorites, and also some stuff we don't ever get to do because I can't do it alone with the three kids. I can't believe how great of a week they chose - the lines were so mellow and the weather (a bit hot) was great.

The kids did Buzz twice - and think the shop at the end is part of the ride. 
We got to ride Nemo
Damen chilled with his sucker while we played the Iron man game.  
We got to visit Tinkerbell while the Smiths rode the Matterhorn
Snow White was a hit - I think Kasen has a crush on all the princesses
Kasen and I got to explore the Tarzan Treehouse while Remy slept in the stroller and my mom watched Damen.
Ariel was by the gate the first day.  Keagan was so cute with all the characters!
Damen isn't scared of the characters, but likes them from a distance.  Tigger however - he LOVED!  He kept wanting to go back and see him again.
We tried lots of new and old treats.  Tigger tails were a new favorite. We also got carmel popcorn (which my mom hadn't tried), the Dole ice cream, churros, pretzels, and suckers. 
LOVE the teacups
Easton, Keagan, and Remy with Jessie
Kasen and Remy with Mater
Zombies eating popcorn waiting for the Disney Jr. show
My mom treated us to Goofy's Kitchen.  It was so fun!  Keagan and Easton are at that perfect age to eat a lot at Buffet and enjoy all the characters.  My kids can only do one thing at a time.  
The kids did such a funny thing to Captain Hook: While he was approaching all the kids started saying "tick-tock tick tock"and he shyed away to the next table.  Keagan laughed so hard and yelled "Come back we are only kidding." He was really cute with the kids.  
Remy met SOFIA!  "I love Sofia!!  Sofia in the first!" - that last part was song.
This was a pretty funny tower of terror photo.  Keagan was SO brave to go on it - but also vowed to never do it again.  I started giggling before the ride even started.  Partly because I love that ride, and partly because I was nervous for Keagie!

No comments: