October 18, 2011

Birthday Cake Party for the Kids

On Saturday, we had a little cake party for the kids. We had some friends and family over for some cake and ice cream. It was fun to have a gathering and feel some love. I'm not the best hostess, especially with lots of people in our little tiny apartment. But Deven got to make the rounds while I dished up the cake and ice cream. It is hard for me to be so far from family on holidays like birthdays. But having great friends and neighbors helps us feel "home." The kids got some fun toys from their friends that they have LOVED.

I made some cupcakes for the kids and we got two cakes from the store. Remy picked at her frosting slowly, very neat. Kasen devoured his cupcake, then another....then part of Remy's.
Kasen loving the cake.
Remy didn't know what to think about the group singing to her.
Kasen going in for Remy's cake.
Feeling the love from: The Bowens, Haights, Dino's fam, Rory, Richard, Justin's fam, Kevin & Tamera's fam, and Mark Shonka

No comments: