My week has been filled with overwhelming moments of service and love. I have to write it all down so I don't forget.
Mom and Dad got here Tuesday, and sat down at the doctor's office with me for 3 hours (they were so far behind that day). We then went and grabbed lunch at Alyssa's in Newport. Later that night Deven gave us a tour of his work.
Wednesday mom got up and cleaned my whole house. I'm talking dust, mop, sinks, the works. After that they were able to drive down to San Diego. They took the PCH and stopped at the beach towns along the way - then went to the Cubs vs Padres game. Well, my Wednesday afternoon - Tiffany came all the way down from LA with her two darling girls just to give me the most thoughtful gifts ever (practical stuff I would never think off!). I love friends that you can see a bunch and love them, or not see for months and pick up right where you left off. Tiffany also brought meals for after the babies come...yep - she is amazing.
Thursday mom and dad spent the whole day cooking. Yep, cooking in my no-AC house, in the 90 degree weather. AND - did we eat what they cooked, nope. They made two chicken enchiladas, chicken rolls, meatloaf, and a double batch of meatballs to freeze. My freezer is full of meals that Deven and I both love, that just have to be popped in the oven! Not to mention Dad made lunch, and went shopping for me. Also that day, I was just getting out of the shower, when over comes my visiting teacher and neighbor carring loads and loads of presents. "Because you couldn't do a shower, we brought a shower to you!" she says! My amazing ward had gotten together and pitched in to get a gift card, and diapers. We figure we will use around 450 diapers that first month alone, so it is amazingly thoughtful and helpful. I think they really have NO IDEA.
Friday mom and dad went to run MORE of my pesky errands, and then they went to hang out in Huntington beach for a while. They walked the farmer's market and main street while I stayed home with the books my sisters sent for me (see, even gifts from Utah to pass the boredom!). Well, I get a phone call from mom saying she is picking me up, and dropping me off at a nail place to have my toes done. I'm telling you I would have paid 100 dollars just to sit in that massage chair. It rubbed out all my knots! This was my first pedicure - I didn't know there was so much to painting your nails. I have been doing it wrong all these years. A pedicure should be mandatory in your third trimester. I wonder if insurance would have a problem with that?
Deven got off work early and the 3 of them drove up to Seal Beach to walk around for a few hours. It finally cooled off while they were gone, and we had a beautiful rain storm! When they got back mom steamed fresh tamales they had purchased at the farmers market while we watched the BYU football game (which was sad). After the game Deven and Dad were able to give me a blessing, which felt great. I love that I have that in my life! We wrapped up an already great day with fresh raspberries and a sticky roll from Seal Beach's Sweet Jills.
The love doesn't stop there. Saturday, mom and dad had to leave early in the morning. I miss having them here already. Deven and I watched conference, which was amazing. Elder Uchtdorf is quickly becoming my favorite speaker (well, he has been for a while). Deven did all the laundry, and cleaned up lunch. After conference, we open the door to discover a package from Jessi and Gary (Deven's cousins). The package was full of two amazing blankets, and two darling outfits. All the way from Saratoga Spring!
Yep, there is more! My neighbor brought us a batch of cookies about an hour ago, and my other neighbor just gave me the cutest picnic basket that they didn't want anymore. I just closed the door and started to cry. After a week full of service, and a morning full of inspirational thoughts, I was overcome. How is it that their are so many amazing people in this world, and yet I can still find myself complain about silly things? My life is full of so many amazing people: family that have a genuine interest in our well-being and the well-being of our babies, friends that stop by to chat or write or call, amazing medical doctors, ward members, and neighbors I hardly know (that are not LDS) that just are kind. Hearts of gold I tell you! It is really a wake-up call to me to listen when my brain tells me to do something for someone else. It is also a wake-up call for me to do stuff my dumb brain won't think of by itself. The world is full of kind, amazing people, that make me want to be a better person.
No comments:
Post a Comment