BEAR LAKE:
Lots of little kids, lots of yum food, and of course the lake. We had this great cabin that my grandma got from a friend. It was huge - like 20 rooms or something (okay, maybe not that many, because Deven and I did sleep on the deck).
We woke up the the hum of humming birds, the smell of my Aunt Suzanne's stuffed french toast, and the sunrise...wow!
We then went to the lake. It was a little frustrating at first. Deven and I managed to get the truck stuck in the sand while trying to load our jet-ski. A few hours, and one tow-truck later we got it out, and had a blast taking all the kids on rides. It wasn't good weather to wakeskate, but the kids loved "going off the jumps" as Mayson said.
I wish we were able to spend a little more time with the cousins - we weren't able to go up until Friday night because of work, but it was fun to see them the little that we did...I forget how cool cousins can be! I also wish I had put more sunscreen on... when will I ever learn!?!?! We have a great big family, and we had lots of fun catching up.
HEBER VALLEY CAMP:
This last weekend we went up Heber Canyon to the Church camp. We had four big cabins, and again, lots of good food. I was able to spend a little bit of time with each of my nephews which was really fun. Mayson, Cayden, and I went on a great hike - make lots of wishes (by blowing the dandelion puffs) and saw a huge deer. It was really a fun hike - and GREAT to be in the mountains.

Deven was able to go up early and go golf with the boys which he really loved. We then had a bon-fire, which I got in trouble because I added logs after 8:00 pm....whoops! The missionaries had to come tell us to put out the fire. After a fun card game, and all the babies waking up (there were 6 babies) we went to bed.
This reunion, we woke up to crickets, a musty-hot cabin, and the smell of my Aunt JoDee's sourdough pancakes!! After eating and cleaning up we did the ropes course which was really fun. We did the spider web, and this big log teeter-totter thing, and then the zip-line. I thought they were all really fun, but Deven wasn't a fan of the first two (but he liked the zip-line). Even mom did the zip-line! I was so proud of her. They let the little kids swing on the rope in the harness which was really cute.
We were both really tired from back to back weekends and were very grateful for Labor Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment